Carry your phone and use the free RaceJoy mobile app to add to your race experience! Some key features include:
Live Phone Tracking
- Supporting spectators can track you live in a map view as you progress along the race course. You can also track up to 50 participants.
- NearMe alerts let spectators know you are drawing near.
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive continual progress updates as you complete the course! Audio updates are typically sent at every mile and include pace, elapsed time, and estimated finish time.
- Option to have progress posted real-time to your Facebook and Twitter walls.
- Receive and send fun, motivational audio cheers.
- Use RaceJoy’s Text-to-Cheer to send custom messages.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time!
The race organizers are providing this interactive RaceJoy experience to you at no charge. Please see the How To instructions below and the tutorial for additional information.
- Download RaceJoy from the App Store.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and view important Apple Settings below.
- Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone. This gets activated 30 minutes before the race starts.
- Wait to Click START MY RACE as you cross the START LINE (optional for accuracy): Click the Start My Race button as you cross the start line to start your personal race time and for increased accuracy with your progress updates. If you do not click start my race, your race start time will begin at mile one.
You must access RaceJoy on race day to activate GPS tracking. Tracking is turned on 30 minutes prior to the race start.
Important for your friends and family: Make sure you tell your friends and family to login as themselves and not you or RaceJoy will track them instead of you.
Note: Progress alerts may be suspended if there is an unexpected change with the course map. GPS tracking and progress alerts will be affected if there is an issue with connecting to the person’s phone (weak to no cell service in the region, participant’s use of of Wi-Fi, improper setup, battery depletion, etc.).
Apple Phone Settings
- Notifications: Your device’s notifications must be ON for RaceJoy, including Sounds, to receive progress alerts and cheers.
- Location Services: The device you wish to have tracked must have Location ServicesALWAYS ON for live phone tracking. Go to Privacy/Location Services to verify.
- Background App Refresh: General phone setting Background App Refresh must be ONfor GPS tracking to stay enabled.
- Do NOT use Wi-Fi: You may receive a prompt from Apple saying Wi-Fi will improve your location services. Disregard this prompt, and make sure to use your cellular service provider when you turn your tracking on.
Apple does no allow RaceJoy to override your settings. Please ensure these are enabled so that you can experience RaceJoy’s mobile features.
We hope you have a great race!