lululemon Grayton Beach is back again to support our runners! This amazing team has provided race pacers for the Seaside School Half Marathon, and we are so excited to introduce you to your pacers. All hopeful pacers had to attend a lululemon run club and informative interview process where each pacer was hand-picked to suit the needs of the race while aligning with lululemon’s expectations of a stellar community leader. They aim to bring together phenomenal athletes who are also motivational, kind, energetic, and who truly care about those around them! The goal has been achieved. Additionally, the 5K Hype Squad will be around to keep the energy high and help you achieve your race goals!You will have the opportunity to meet your pacers at the Race Expo on Saturday, February 19, 2022, from 12-4pm. In the meantime, here are introductions directly from the team.
Half Marathon Pacers
Philip Bauer – Pacing 7:30
My name is Philip Bauer, and I will be pacing the 7:30 group. I’m from Crestview, FL, but live in beautiful Destin, FL, now with my wife, Jessica, and our two dogs. I am currently a sous chef at bitterroot, personal chef to PBandJ goes gourmet, and am about to open a vendor stall in the Destin Commons this April called PBandJ Bakery and Cafe. I have been running for about 20 years on and oﬀ and am one of the original members of Run Destin, founded in 2017. I am passionate about running, cooking, and my wife, Jess. I’m looking forward to pacing everyone and ensuring they have a good time, a fun race and crush some personal records.
Bobby Flynn – Pacing 8:00
I was raised in Miami, spending my teenage years swimming, diving, and playing water polo. I joined the Air Force in 2000, serving in the Middle East right after 9/11. After my 4 years of service, I used the GI Bill to put myself through Paramedic school. For the last 16 years, I have worked as a Destin Fire Captain and can often be seen patrolling Crab Island on the Fire Boat. I took up running at the age of 35 as a way to lose weight. I have lost over 60 pounds, going from 265 to 205, doing so! Running and the friends I have made from the community mean the world to me. I’m excited to be sharing my love of running at the upcoming Seaside Half!
Leo Tyska – Pacing 8:30
- Where you’re from: Inverness Illinois and grayton beach Florida Occupation: medical advertising sales
- 2 fun facts: I don’t have a middle name- but one my birth certificate my middle name is None I ran 2 marathons in one weekend Washington, then Oregon
- Favorite thing about running: I travel for work and I love to run in diﬀerent places- it’s a great way to scope out the area
- Favorite thing about Seaside School Half: too many things – the taste of the race- running on the 30A and finishing in the town of seaside.
Kaitlin Hartzell – Pacing 9:00
- Where you’re from: Palm Spring, CA
- Occupation: Store Manager, lululemon grayton beach
- 2 fun facts: I’m a dog mom to an energetic Blue Heeler named Tabitha. She loves to run, and I explore all the trails. I love to golf. I’ve been playing since I was 10 years old (just for fun) and appreciate the discipline of the sport.
- Favorite thing about running: I love the freedom and peace running creates. Running is me time. It is a space where I can let go of my responsibilities, my job title, my relationship status and just put one foot in front of the other go explore.
- Favorite thing about Seaside School Half: This will be by first time running the half marathon. I’m just excited to run the course and experience the race.
Omar Mulla – Pacing 9:30
My name is Omar Mulla, owner and founder of OM Personal Training, a corporate wellness company and fitness studio in Fairhope, AL. I am also the run ambassador for lululemon Legacy Village at Springhill in Mobile, AL. This year, I’ll be running my second Seaside half marathon as a pacer at 9:30/mi. My favorite thing about running is how it teaches me to endure discomfort, putting one foot in front of the other, knowing that freedom awaits on the other side of pain. What I love most about the Seaside School Half is the support of education as the foundation for worldly impact. Education is the gift we can give to our children that can never be lost or taken away. I am happy to be part of a movement that supports this idea by providing critical learning opportunities for the children of this unique community. Two fun facts about me: I was once in a movie with Casey Aﬄeck, and I love writing poetry.
Alex Weiner – Pacing 10:00
- Where you’re from: 30A local in the house!
- Occupation: I am a Key Leader at lululemon Grayton Beach, run the marketing at Aesthetic Clinique, and am a personal trainer.
- 2 fun facts: I started running for the first time when I joined the cross country team at Seaside in middle school. I am a big sneaker head and slightly addicted to buying new workout/running shoes.
- Favorite thing about running: It is my therapy and the best form of self care that I can give myself. I am able to get out in nature and let go of any other distractions.
- Favorite thing about Seaside School Half: I went to Seaside Neighborhood School, so I love to be able to support and give back to a place that is close to my heart. This is my 6th Seaside Half & I am excited to run together!
Rex Stinnett – Pacing 10:30
- Lives Destin, FL
- Owner of Rex Does Grass
- I love pizza… have run over 46 Ultra Marathons.
- I love running. It’s a passion for me. It gives me a peace if I’m by myself or with others. Crop Duster Love!
- I’ve made lots of new friends from the Seaside 1/2 Marathon and look forward to making more!!
Michelle Boswell – Pacing 11:00
- Realtor and entrepreneur in Destin
- Moved here from Texas/Louisiana area several years ago
- This is my first time running Seaside Half ,and my first time pacing.
- I’m a dog mom to Harley, a 16 year old Redbone Coonhound that I’ve had since she was 4 weeks old. She used to run with me daily, and she even got 3rd place in a 5k once.
- I had a half PR of 1:54 in the fall and hope to have a full marathon PR (maybe a BQ) next month at the Snickers Marathon. I love to run distance races in new places so my husband & I started visiting diﬀerent states which combines my love of traveling with running. I’ve ran 28 half marathons & 2 marathons in 16 states so far. Hopefully I can knock oﬀ a few more states this year.
- Besides running, I also enjoy hiking, boating and skiing (both water and snow) and celebrating.
Meet the Hype Squad
My name is Oanh Nguyen. I am originally from New Orleans, but I currently live on the Emerald Coast. I am an engineer at our local base. I like to garden and be outside with nature when the weather is nice . I’m looking forward to be part of the 5K Hype Squad to cheer all the runners on and volunteer for the community.
Hello! My name is Kristin Killoran. I am an Air Force wife and mother of three. I am a Registered Dietitian, but have the joy of staying home full time right now with my kiddos. I love being a part of the running community wherever the military takes our family. I am thrilled to be a part of the Seaside Half Marathon and 5k for the first time this year! I look forward to seeing everyone and encouraging individuals as they pursue their goals during race weekend. I love to run for fitness, stress relief, and building friendships!
- Originally from Birmingham but have lived in Miramar Beach for 13 years now
- Manager at Buﬀalo Jacks Wings and Pizza
- Favorite thing about running…comradery
- Favorite about Seaside Half… the Crowds
- Fun Facts… I like to dance and I can recite A League of Their Own from start to finish.