In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and prioritize the health and safety of our community and our participants, the Seaside School, Inc. and Seaside School Foundation have decided to move forward with a Virtual Half Marathon + 5K for our 19th annual event.
Our race planning committee and leadership team explored a multitude of scenarios that led us to conclude the event could not be executed on our beloved Scenic Highway 30A during the pandemic with the enthusiasm and atmosphere our runners have come to expect. More importantly, we simply cannot offer a traditional race in a manner where the safety and security of our runners, staff, students, volunteers, partners and spectators is optimally achieved.
Your support and participation in 2021 is so important to us.
Proceeds from the Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon + 5K benefit the Seaside School, Inc. Founded in 1996, The Seaside School, Inc. was one of the first and is now one of the oldest surviving public charter schools in the state of Florida. The Seaside School opened to thirty-six students, two faculty members, and one administrator serving students in sixth through eighth grades. Today, the school has expanded to fifth through twelfth grades serving over 380 students. For the past 25 years, our ambitious staff, involved parents and supportive community have led the Seaside Schools, comprised of the Seaside Neighborhood School and Seacoast Collegiate High School, to be consistently recognized as leaders at both state and national achievement levels. Our continued growth and success of The Seaside Way reaffirms what our charter pioneers understood a quarter-century ago. Led by continual support, exploration, accountability, scholarship, independence, dreams and effort, students cultivate their diversity and begin to understand ways that they can make unique contributions to society.
The 2020-2021 school year marks the Silver Anniversary milestone for the Seaside Schools, and we look forward to proudly sharing our ambition, mission and success with our community for many years to come!
How Our Virtual Race Works
- Rally a team of friends and register to run or walk our virtual 1/2 marathon or 5K in your own community.
- Run or walk the distance on a course of your choosing (or treadmill), and then simply report your time to be added to our national results leaderboard. (You don’t even have to record your time if you prefer not to!)
- Complete your virtual run (or walk or even stroll) between Sunday, February 14th and Sunday February 28th, 2021.
- Envision a Seaside experience with post-race brunch in your hometown.
- Don’t forget to race in your Seaside gear! Register before January 17, 2021, and we will mail your race shirt and goodies right to your door before the racing window begins.
- We will miss seeing you in person, so please tag #runseasidefl on social, so we can cheer you on and congratulate you on a great race!
What You Receive With Your Registration
- Virtual Training Coach Program led by lululemon® Grayton Beach Ambassador, Rex Stinnet
- Customized Playlist
- Billie Gaffrey Designed Race Shirt (Celebrating 25 Years of the Seaside School)
- Custom Finisher Medal
- Vera Bradley® ReActive Sling Backpack
- Vera Bradley® Pleated Face Mask
- Virtual Bib
- Virtual Finisher Certificate
- Virtual Goody Bag
2021 Race Shirt
Not your ordinary finisher t-shirt… this poly and rayon tee is made from a soft, lightweight jersey that delivers lasting comfort and an easy style perfect for a run. The shirt is also a great casual wear piece, just what you want to kick around in after a race. The sizing of this shirt is modeled after the Nike Performance line. Our team is happy to answer questions about materials or sizing of the shirts. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Our 2021 Vera Bradley® Giveaways
Vera Bradley’s ReActive Sling Backpack provides the cargo space of a small backpack and the effortlessness of a hands-free crossbody style. This modern take is your new go-to for city treks, long bike rides and strolls through campus. Now in sustainably-sourced ReActive material made from recycled plastic water bottles (10 bottles go into every pack!), it’s a smart choice for you and the environment. Lightweight and water-repellent too, it can be worn across your back or your chest for easier accessibility. It’s got a whole lot going for it … just like you!
Made from 100% cotton, the non-medical Pleated Face Masks are soft, breathable and comfortable to wear. Pleat construction allows the fit of the mask to be easily adjusted, and the elastic goes behind the head to alleviate pressure on ears. With two layers of fabric, they feature a pocket for a disposable filter (not included), and of course, the mask is machine washable.
Each person who registers for one of the Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon & 5K events will receive a confirmation email (if the email address is valid). The confirmation email will contain a copy of the registrant’s personalized virtual bib and RaceJoy instructions. If you need a copy of the confirmation email, please following the steps below:
- Sign in to RunSignUp
- Go to your Profile
- Click My Registered Races
- Click View/Edit next to the registration that you would like to resend the confirmation email for
- Click the Resend Confirmation Email link
- Check the email listed in your Profile for your registration confirmation
Refer a Friend (or 10!)
Get rewarded for referring friends and family! Invite them to join you in the fun by sharing your unique referral link via email and social media!
- Refer 5 friends, receive a $10 refund
- Refer 10 friends, receive a $20 refund
- Refer 15 friends, receive a $30 refund
HOW IT WORKS
- Register for either distance of the Seaside School Virtual Half + 5K Marathon .
- Share your unique referral link on Facebook, Twitter or via email from your participant account, confirmation web page, or confirmation email.
- Registrations generated from your unique referral link will be tracked by RunSignUp.
- We will automatically process the refunds after you reach the threshold of 5, 10 or 15 referrals.
Due to the virtual nature of the 2021 race and given that there is a 2-week timeframe to complete the run, we will not be allowing transfers from one race distance to another. If you sign up, for the half marathon, you will be expected to complete the half marathon. If you sign up for the 5K, you will be expected to complete the 5K.
Race Entry Regulations
- Entry fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- You must be at least 6 years old to run the 5K and at least 14 years old to run the half marathon.
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to race.
How to Post Your Virtual Results
Participants will be able to post their individual results either using the RaceJoy application or manually beginning at 12:00 AM on February 14, 2021 and ending at 11:59 PM on February 28, 2021. Manual results may be posted as follows:
- Visit the Seaside School Virtual Race Page and confirm you are logged in
- Locate the “Results” tab at the top of the menu
- Click the “Submit Virtual Results” button
- Search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth
- Once you have found your registration, select “Submit Virtual Results” and enter your finish time
RaceJoy utilization is included as part of the registration fee. The RaceJoy application utilizes your smart phone’s GPS capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
- Get the App: Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and adjust settings as needed.
- Virtual Race Day: Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone. Select the course you are signed up to run. Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock. RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. (Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.)
Have a question regarding your race registration, sponsorship or the Seaside School? More information can be found on more https://runseasidefl.com and questions can be emailed directly to email@example.com. Be sure to connect and share your experience online with the hashtag #runseasidefl, and be sure to follow the Race on social media at:
Thank You for Supporting The Seaside Way
Every year, the gap between the Seaside School standard of excellence and the funding provided by the state seems to grow more and more. There are either funding cuts or we simply want more for the students. In any case, the shortfall is significant each year. Whether you’re a runner or sponsor, please know that your support is needed and appreciated. Your participation reduces class size. Your participation provides middle school and high school students the opportunity to participate in elective classes for gardening, music, art, an award-winning robotics program, advanced placement classes as well as career-readiness industry certification courses. Great things are happening at the Seaside School… thanks to you! The funds raised from the 2021 Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon + 5K will support the Seaside School Foundation’s Educate, Gather & Grow initiative.
EDUCATE | The Seaside School, Inc. is committed to enhancing and extending learning beyond the classroom walls. Our students exemplify The Seaside Way by prioritizing academic goals, exploring possibilities and pursuing opportunities that contribute to long-term success.
- Enhanced academic and exploratory programming
- Personalized Education Programs with advanced certification opportunities
- Scaffolded 5-12 programming aligned to wellness, performing arts and lifelong learning
- Wellness programming devoted to social and emotional education, culinary arts, and farm to table experiences
GATHER | The Seaside School, Inc. plans to expand and renovate Seaside Neighborhood School, establish a permanent campus for Seacoast Collegiate High School, and develop The Academic Village at the Seaside Neighborhood School. This endeavor will create purposeful, flexible space in our neighborhood to support our local community and guests.
- Seaside Neighborhood School renovations and code compliance
- Creating purposeful spaces within current footprints
- Seacoast Collegiate High School permanent flexible space
- The Academic Village: The Wellness Center, Performing Arts Hall & Lifelong Learning Center
- The Wellness Center with exercise space, teaching kitchen, dining room and culinary garden
- Performing Arts Hall with studio spaces, as well as music and art classrooms
- The Lifelong Learning Center with community experiences teaching creative problem solving
GROW | Growing our spaces and growing our programs will create opportunities for community partnerships, help to establish our Capital Endowment Funds, and provide lifelong learning and growth opportunities for students in the classroom and beyond.
- Capital Endowment funding to provide sustainability and stability
- Seaside Schools program endowment designations: Wellness, Culinary, Performing Arts & Lifelong Learning
- Enhanced community partnerships: farm to table freedom, lab opportunities, curriculum prototyping
- Development of The Seaside Way attributes throughout our school community and beyond