HOW MUCH DOES REGISTRATION FOR THE VIRTUAL EVENT COST?
Virtual Half Marathon: $100; Virtual 5K: $75
HOW DOES THE VIRTUAL RACE WORK?
- Rally a team of friends and register to run or walk our virtual 1/2 marathon or 5K in your own community.
- Run or walk the distance on a course of your choosing (or treadmill), and then simply report your time to be added to our national results leaderboard. (You don’t even have to record your time if you prefer not to!)
- Complete your virtual run (or walk or even stroll) between Sunday, February 14th and Sunday February 28th, 2021.
- Envision a Seaside experience with post-race brunch in your hometown.
- Don’t forget to race in your Seaside gear! Register before January 17, 2021, and we will mail your race shirt and goodies right to your door before the racing window begins.
- We will miss seeing you in person, so please tag #runseasidefl on social, so we can cheer you on and congratulate you on a great race!
WHAT WILL I RECEIVE WITH REGISTRATION?
- Virtual Training Coach Program led by lululemon® Grayton Beach Ambassador, Rex Stinnet
- Customized Playlist
- Billie Gaffrey Designed Race Shirt (Celebrating 25 Years of the Seaside School)
- Custom Finisher Medal
- Vera Bradley® ReActive Sling Backpack
- Vera Bradley® Pleated Face Mask
- Virtual Bib
- Virtual Finisher Certificate
- Virtual Goody Bag
Shipping of the above event merchandise (if applicable) is included in registration fee.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY RACE PACKET?
Your race day packet will be mailed to the address listed on your registration. Packets will be mailed out starting January 20, 2021. If you need to confirm or update the shipping address on your registration, please email email@example.com. Packet shipping is included in registration fee.
WHAT DOES THIS EVENT SUPPORT?
Every year, the gap between the Seaside School standard of excellence and the funding provided by the state seems to grow more and more. There are either funding cuts or we simply want more for the students. In any case, the shortfall is significant each year. Whether you’re a runner or sponsor, please know that your support is needed and appreciated. Your participation reduces class size. Your participation provides middle school and high school students the opportunity to participate in elective classes for gardening, music, art, an award-winning robotics program, advanced placement classes as well as career-readiness industry certification courses. Great things are happening at the Seaside School… thanks to you! The funds raised from the 2021 Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon + 5K will support the Seaside School Foundation’s Educate, Gather & Grow initiative.
WHAT IS THE COMPETITION WINDOW TO COMPLETE MY DISTANCE?
The competition window for participants to complete their distance is February 14-28, 2021.
HOW DO I POST MY RESULTS?
Participants will be able to post their individual results either using the RaceJoy application or manually beginning at 12:00 AM on February 14, 2021, and ending at 11:59 PM on February 28, 2021. Manual results may be posted as follows:
- Visit the Seaside School Virtual Race page at and confirm you are logged in
- Locate the “Results” tab at the top of the menu
- Click the “Submit Virtual Results” button
- Search for your registration either by first and last name or by email address and date of birth
- Once you have found your registration, select “Submit Virtual Results” and enter your finish time
RaceJoy utilization in included as part of the registration fee. The RaceJoy application utilizes your smart phone’s GPS capability to record distance and time. Instructions for RaceJoy utilization for virtual events are as follows:
- Get the App: Download RaceJoy from the App Store or Google Play.
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the event you are doing or search by name in the search field.
- Set Up Tracking: Click I Want to Be Tracked and follow the prompts carefully. Select the course(s) you plan to complete.
- Enter Your Bib Number for Results: For events offering virtual scored results, enter your bib number provided to you by the race. RaceJoy will then automatically submit your finish data.
- Ensure Proper Settings: Follow RaceJoy’s prompts and adjust settings as needed.
- Virtual Race Day: Click TRACK ME: Make sure to click the green blinking TrackMe button on race day to start the tracking of your phone. Select the course you are signed up to run. Click START MY RACE as you begin your walk/run to start your personal clock. RaceJoy auto detects when you complete the course distance. No need to click Finish.
- Race Redo for Virtual Events: You have the option to redo a course by clicking the redo button. (Warning: Selecting the redo button will clear previous performance data.)
WILL THERE BE AWARDS?
Yes! But because this is a self-timed event, no time-based awards will be given. However, we will be giving out awards and prizes through social media contests and by randomly selecting people who submit results – stay tuned for more details!
WHAT RULES AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
Virtual Safety Tips
- Please be aware of your surroundings, use running trails or sidewalks if possible, use crosswalks when crossing roads, and obey traffic laws as you are not participating on a closed course.
- Carry your ID with you in case of emergency.
- Notify someone of the vicinity of where you will complete the virtual Monumental Mile as well as when you start and finish.
- Check the weather for the time you plan on completing your virtual mile. You have from February 14th through 28th to finish your virtual run. Please reschedule if weather conditions are unsafe.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing in low-visibility situations.
- Use common sense and listen to your body. Do not attempt to complete your race that day if you’re feeling ill or experience an injury.
- Thoroughly wash your hands upon returning home.
- If listening to music, manage the volume at a level that allows you the ability to hear oncoming traffic and other hazards – consider participating with one ear bud in to increase awareness of your surroundings.
- If you’re experiencing an emergency during your virtual mile, call 911.
- In addition, follow guidance from government officials on social distancing and the CDC’s recommended steps to protecting yourself and others during a COVID-19 outbreak.