The Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon + 5K is going virtual for 2021. In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and prioritize the health and safety of our community and our participants, the Seaside School, Inc. and Seaside School Foundation has decided to move forward with a Virtual Half Marathon + 5K for our 19th annual event.
Our race planning committee and leadership team explored a multitude of scenarios that led to conclude the event could not execute on our beloved Scenic Highway 30A with the enthusiasm and atmosphere our runners have come to expect during the pandemic. More importantly, we simply cannot offer a traditional race in a manner where the safety and security of our runners, staff, students, volunteers, partners and spectators is optimally achieved.
Your continued support and participation in 2021 is so important to us. Proceeds from the Seaside School Virtual Half Marathon + 5K benefit the Seaside School, Inc. Founded in 1996, The Seaside School, Inc. was one of the first and is now one of the oldest surviving public charter schools in the state of Florida. The Seaside School opened to thirty-six students, two faculty members, and one administrator serving students in sixth through eighth grades. Today, the school has expanded to fifth through twelfth grades serving over 380 students. For the past 25 years, our ambitious staff, involved parents and supportive community have led the Seaside Schools, comprised of the Seaside Neighborhood School and Seacoast Collegiate High School, to be consistently recognized as leaders at both state and national achievement levels.
Our continued growth and success of The Seaside Way reaffirms what our charter pioneers understood a quarter-century ago. Led by continual support, exploration, accountability, scholarship, independence, dreams and effort, students cultivate their diversity and begin to understand ways that they can make unique contributions to society.
The 2020-2021 school year marks the Silver Anniversary milestone for the Seaside Schools, and we look forward to proudly sharing our ambition, mission and success with our community for many years to come!
How to Virtually Race
- Rally a team of friends and plan to register to run or walk our virtual 1/2 marathon or 5K in your own community.
- Run or walk the distance on a course of your choosing (or treadmill), and then simply report your time to be added to our national results leaderboard. (You don’t even have to record your time if you prefer not to!)
- Complete your virtual run (or walk or even stroll) between Sunday, February 14th and Sunday February 28th, 2021.
- Envision a Seaside experience with post-race brunch in your hometown.
- Don’t forget to race in your Seaside gear! Register before January 17, 2021, and we will mail your race shirt and goodies right to your door before the racing window begins.
- We will miss seeing you in person, so please tag #runseasidefl on social, so we can cheer you on and congratulate you on a great race!
We’re Sharing the Love
Each registrant will have their favorite goodies from the race delivered virtually and mailed directly to their homes. Each runner will receive a:
- Complimentary lululemon® Virtual Training Coach Program
- Customized Playlist
- Billie Gaffrey Designed Race Shirt (Celebrating 25 Years of the Seaside School)
- Custom Finisher Medal
- Vera Bradley® ReActive Sling Backpack
- Vera Bradley® Pleated Face Mask
- Virtual Bib
- Virtual Finisher Certificate
- Virtual Goody Bag
Registration Opens September 7th
Registration for our February 2021 Virtual Half Marathon + 5K opens at 6AM on September 7, 2020. Get ready to sweat, connect and crush some run goals from wherever you are in the world.